Headwaters to Deep Waters
Peninsula Streams Society helps coordinate stream restoration and habitat conservation on the Saanich Peninsula. We provide our associated groups with the technical expertise and resources to help achieve their goals.
Our goal is to achieve healthy aquatic habitat that supports self-sustaining populations of native species in both freshwater and marine environments. We accomplish this objective through research, restoration, innovative projects, public education and private land stewardship.
The purposes of Peninsula Streams Society are:
- To develop, organize and participate in environmental projects and programs on the Saanich Peninsula and surrounding areas that will:
- monitor, preserve and restore flora and fauna
- monitor, preserve and restore rivers, creeks and watersheds, marine environments and near-shore environments
- conserve, re-use and reduce water and waste
- improve the urban and rural/agricultural environments
- To educate and increase the understanding of the public, environmental organizations, government and the press about environmental preservation and restoration and their importance, by offering workshops, seminars, training and lectures.
- To conduct research relating to the environment and disseminate the results of such research.
Charitable status # 86500 1457 RR0001