Dear Peninsula Streams Society Members and Friends,
You are invited to attend our Annual General Meeting, which will take place on Saturday May 6th from 3-5pm at the Brentwood Bay Lodge.
We are delighted to have as guest speaker Dr. Richard (Dick) Beamish, C.M., O.B.C, Ph.D., D.Sc., F.R.S.C., Emeritus Scientist at the Pacific Biological Station in Nanaimo. The topic of Dr. Beamish’s talk will be “We know a lot about salmon, but what we need to know most, we mostly do not know.” http://www.richardbeamish.com/
Please RSVP to us if you are able to attend. Light refreshments will be offered.
A few meeting details:
– map of Brentwood Bay Lodge location (849 Verdier Avenue)
– Parking is available across the street from the lodge (signage says ‘Pub Parking’)
– After you enter the front doors, the meeting room will be immediately to your left
– Those who hold 2016 or 2017 memberships will be eligible to vote at the AGM.
– 2017 memberships ($10/year) will be available for purchase before and after the meeting.
– ‘Peninsula Streams Society’ branded T-shirts and hats will also be available for purchase ($15 each).
The meeting Agenda is as follows:
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes from the 2016 AGM
4. Executive Coordinator’s Stream Reports – Ian Bruce
5. Chair’s Report – Lin Callow
6. Treasurer’s Report – Denis Coupland
7. Guest Speaker – Dr. Richard Beamish
8. Election of Board of Directors
9. New Business
We hope you can make it~ (and thanks for RSVPing)!