Our Annual General Meeting will take place on Saturday May 7th from 3-5pm at the Brentwood Bay Lodge. All are welcome to attend.
The Lodge is located at 849 Verdier Avenue, V8M 1C5 in Brentwood Bay.
We are privileged to have as guest speaker the Honourable Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada and Member of Parliament for Saanich-Gulf Islands.
Please RSVP if you are able to attend. Light refreshments will be offered.
A few meeting details:
– Parking is available across the street from the lodge (signage says ‘Pub Parking’)
– After you enter the front doors, the meeting room will be immediately to your left
– Those who hold a 2015 membership will be eligible to vote at the AGM.
– 2016 memberships ($10/year) will be available for purchase before and after the meeting.
– ‘Peninsula Streams Society’ branded T-shirts and hats will also be available for purchase ($15 each).
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes from the 2015 AGM
5. Chair’s Report – Lin Callow
6. Treasurer’s Report – Denis Coupland
7. Executive Coordinator’s Report – Ian Bruce
8. Guest Speaker – Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party of Canada and Member of Parliament for Saanich—Gulf Islands
9. Election of Board of Directors
10. New Business
The following 2 resolutions will be presented at the AGM:
1) Be it resolved that By-law 1.03 be amended to read that “A fee of $10.00 per annum will be charged to each member”
2) Be it resolved that By-law 3.01 be amended to read that “There shall be no fewer than eleven (11) and no more than sixteen (16) Directors of the Society”
We hope you can make it~ (and thanks for RSVPing)!